domingo, 24 de junio de 2012

The graphic designer learns all the time

The graphic designer learns all the time

A profession that keeps you in constant contact with many areas of knowledge, enriching both personally and professionally. Design studio [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAR13lMbTM&w=500&h=400] To the astonishment of one of my children to confidently answer a question that a priori beyond my competence, I realized something very valuable to my work gives me a graphic designer. The final question that conversation was: "And you, Dad, how do you know that? '. The answer, 'Because I am a designer. " I find great appeal to this peculiarity of my profession, which sometimes is absent in others. I'm not talking about "professional development in design"-something off, of course, as the duty of every designer, along with learning new tools, read articles of interest and participate in events related to the profession-but the fact of learning to from everything around me. My job I permanently linked with areas of industrial production, agricultural, technological, financial, scientific, governmental, research, education, etc.. Each client is a new challenge, which requires me to compile an immediate and intensive learning about communication problems to solve. And this leads me sometimes to know how wine is produced in a warehouse, or understand about complex financial products, or to study different effects of a particular vitamin complex, the different communication needs in the areas of a supermarket, or just interiorizarme on how a multiplex inside. All this greatly enriches me as a designer, a professional, and ultimately as a person. The learning function, therefore, should be on every time you launch a new project, adding value as a visual communicator, but always adding the problems to be solved, that-no choice-it will always be embedded product information, service, event, etc.., in short, the object of communication. In my experience I have had to learn about many different areas so I would be impossible to detail them in this note, but whenever there is a topic of conversation related to one of them, I lit the spark of memory, bringing back memories of some work linked to the theme and all the implications of immersion and learning that took place during this project. Immediately I started to remember details and I find myself speaking fluently on small bubbles of champagne and its relation to product quality or importance of the quality of water and flour in the making of a baguette. A graphic designer has the opportunity to learn about many things throughout his life. It's a matter of being open to new experiences that design brings.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario